This is the AAF Montgomery Job Board. For information on listing your job here, please contact Communications at email@example.com. Note that Listings are $5, but are free for Members. Listing only valid for 90 days.
SPLC - Video Producer/Designer
The Southern Poverty Law Center is looking for a graphic designer with strong video editing skills. The video editor will be responsible for editing SPLC video projects and maintaining a post-production workflow that allows us to meet our quotas for delivery. They will be well-versed in quickly editing content for digital distribution across various platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc. The candidate must be able to immerse themselves in the visual identity of SPLC, and translate this identity in a manner that reflects the organization’s brand, mission, and value in all work products.
Primary job functions include:
- Conceptualizing and editing short videos that adhere to SPLC brand and identity;
- Utilizing sound, transitions, shot threading, and composites where appropriate to create compelling content;
- Creating motion graphics using After Effects;
- Encoding, rendering and delivering final video projects through multiple channels;
- Contributing to print, web, and other graphic design projects as needed.
Education and Related Work Experience:
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 4-year degree required, BFA degree preferred;
- 3 years of design experience preferred;
- Knowledge of social justice movements and civil rights history preferred.
- Exceptional visual design skills with an emphasis on conceptual storytelling
- Experience working within an Agency/ Design Shop environment;
- Experience using both original and stock footage in video creation;
- Strong sense of timing and visual awareness;
- Strong typographic and photographic skills;
- Expert proficiency in the most current version of Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, AfterEffects, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Final Cut Pro;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience working with multiple teams or stakeholders;
- Strong attention to detail across all projects while establishing priorities and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands;
- Ability to work independently and/or with a team and prioritize several projects at once;
- Positive, flexible attitude;
- A passion for the mission of the SPLC.
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, gender identity, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or prior record of arrest or conviction.
For more information, click here.