This is the AAF Montgomery Job Board. For information on listing your job here, please contact Communications at email@example.com. Note that Listings are $5, but are free for Members. Listing only valid for 90 days.
Walker360 is looking for one entry-level web developer to join our in-house agency and digital team. In this role, the chosen individual should:
- Write clean, reliable code on all internal brand websites
- Contribute to requirements gathering, design, development, documentation, testing, and deployment activities
- Contribute ideas and suggestions on how to improve both processes and products
- Work well as a part of a team
- Organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while delivering on a consistent high standard of quality
- Be willing to learn and hungry to know more
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Shopify or Ecommerce platforms a plus
- Experience with web hosting, DNS connections, SSL certifications, and domains a plus
- Interest or experience in A/B and usability testing is preferred.
- Solid understanding of SEO concepts as it related to UI/UX design concepts
- Knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator, and other Adobe tools preferred
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Experience developing designs for large dynamic websites, mobile responsive frameworks, wireframes and user flows.
- Partner with the marketing team to determine, identify and create websites, digital marketing, social and ad designs.
- Work and communicate clearly with multiple teams to address functional and/or technical issues that users and/or internal stakeholders may report on our websites.
- Optimize global and regional website design for maximum speed and scalability.
- Comfortable turning copy, wireframes, and client preferences into pixel-perfect web designs that work on all devices.
- Openness to receiving and providing new perspectives, ideas and feedback, and ability to translate them into creative and compelling visual solutions
- Experience developing designs for large dynamic websites, mobile responsive frameworks, wireframes and user flows
- Solid understanding of marketing flows and processes, existing and new processes as they are developed.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while delivering on a consistent high standard of quality and provide outstanding customer support
- Deployment and integration of in-house developed websites and applications
Typical office-type environment; frequent sitting; repetitive hand/wrist movement throughout the work shift
Other Job Requirements
- Reliable attendance, punctuality and attention to detail.
- Must be able to lift 30-50 pounds as needed
- Demonstrate eye/hand coordination
- Must not be color blind
- Able stand for up to an 8 hour period
- Willing to work overtime as required on short notice
- Able to work various shifts as dictated by workload
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and written
- Must be willing and able to work in other departments
For more information, click here.
Digital Communications Specialist
The Digital Communications Specialist is charged with executing the Montgomery Academy’s strategic digital communications plan as directed by the Director of Communications and Marketing.
The primary responsibilities of this individual are:
1. content creation for The Montgomery Academy’s digital channels;
2. monitoring MA’s brand image on various digital channels; and
3. producing reports for MA’s digital marketing efforts to help inform future strategies.
The Digital Communications Specialist reports directly to the Director of Communications and Marketing and works collaboratively with the Director of Development and the Director of Enrollment Management to help meet the school’s recruitment, re-recruitment and fundraising goals. This individual works with a broad range of administrative colleagues, faculty, students, alumni and parents.
This is a full-time, 12-month position.
- Serve as the school’s webmaster, ensuring that the website is up-to-date and free of errors
- With guidance from the Director of Communications and Marketing, develop a well-written and dynamic web presence, including frequent news posts, event updates, and multimedia content
- In concert with the Director of Communications and Marketing, create and carry out a defined Social Media Strategy to address each of MA’s channels
- Produce engaging, mission-aligned content for MA’s social media accounts
- Serve as the liaison with school’s website provider, addressing support issues and keeping campus users informed of software updates and changes
- Monitor social media and school review sites, providing updates to the Director of Communications and Marketing as needed
- Produce monthly reports for the following: website page and content analytics, search engine rankings and social media analytics
- Serve as the school’s primary photographer and videographer, capturing MA events and activities and taking pictures and/or video at daytime events, and some evening and weekend events
- Maintain MA’s digital photo and video archives
- Manage all aspects of the school’s weekly e-newsletter, including information collection, design, copy editing, dissemination and list hygiene
- Bachelor’s degree required; journalism, marketing, communication, or similar major preferred
- Superior writing and editing skills
- Experience managing social media content in a business/professional role, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and blogs
- Strong working knowledge of digital cameras and photo and video editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro
- Prior experience working in a private-independent school or other non-profit preferred
- Experience with Finalsite software or similar website content management systems preferred
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial, “can do” attitude
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Welcomes and seeks constructive feedback from co-workers
- Calm and patient demeanor; thinks first before responding
For more information, click here.