This is the AAF Montgomery Job Board. For information on listing your job here, please contact Communications at email@example.com. Note that Listings are $5, but are free for Members. Listing only valid for 90 days.
Account Executive - Montgomery Advertiser
The Montgomery Advertiser Media Group, a top global digital media company, which reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of mobile & publishing properties, has an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive, Territory. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them meet their goals.
The account executive will provide a high level of service, maintain and grow digital and print revenue while developing and closing new business prospects in a defined category. Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Account Executive will support the team’s established sales goals by selling the entire portfolio of digital and print products offered.
In this role, you will:
- Acquire new business revenue through prospecting, cold-calling, and consultative sales presentations.
- Effectively communicate, through written presentation and verbal skills, the advertising benefits of Media products. Prepare and present comprehensive advertising proposals with schedule and spec ads.
- Provide clients with cost estimates of advertising products and services; address all client requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Prepare and process all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts and maintain up-to-date customer records available for you and management, with the assistance of team coordinators.
- Regular communications with sales management team to provide information regarding business developments, opportunities, and risks within the sales territory.
- Attend sales meetings, training seminars and relevant industry trade shows to gather information, promote products, expand network of contacts, and increase knowledge base.
- Passionately present our audience-based sales approach to current and existing customers throughout the territory.
- Maintain a professional appearance and positive attitude.
Signs you may be a great fit for the job:
- You’re a battle tested competitor with the war stories to prove it.
- When you communicate, people listen. And when you listen, people feel heard.
- You care deeply about your community and have taken steps to make it better.
- You’re the natural born leader in any group. And you love stepping up to the plate.
- You’re a fearless explorer with an insatiable urge to travel, explore new hobbies and try new things.
- You’re a problem solver who thrives on challenges and can simplify the complex.
- You possess 1-2+ years of sales experience.
Qualified candidates for the position must demonstrate these key competencies:
- History of driving results
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Fundamental AND Challenger sales skills
- Strong two-way communication skills
- Effective collaborator and delegator
- Aptitude or acumen for digital marketing
Here’s what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
- Market Research and Insights
- Mileage and Cell Reimbursement
- Base Salary Plus Commissions
- Sales Contests
- Tools for Success!
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
For more information, click here.
Marketing Coordinator - SPLC
The Southern Poverty Law Center is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join the organization’s Teaching Tolerance department. This person markets TT products and events by developing and implementing internal and external marketing and advertising campaigns; tracking customer data; maintaining promotional materials inventory; planning meetings and trade shows; maintaining databases; preparing reports to track results.
• Plan marketing campaigns by assembling creative materials and writing promotional messaging for a variety of channels including social media, email, print and web.
• Coordinate messaging across channels to ensure all communications are delivered in a style and tone that reflects Teaching Tolerance’s mission and values.
• Collaborate to create and maintain marketing calendar that further the organization’s vision and promotional goals.
• Implement email campaigns by selecting target audiences and deploying customized email messaging.
• Network with allied organizations for cross-marketing opportunities and newsletter mentions.
• Track and report on results of marketing campaigns.
• Support TT workshops and trade shows/conferences by identifying opportunities, coordinating exhibit and presentation requirements, tracking schedules and assignments, and coordinating mailing lists and capturing leads.
• Keep promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with appropriate departments, inventorying stock, re-ordering and keeping electronic files up-to-date.
• Research relevant award opportunities and coordinate award applications and entries.
• Research and make external ad buys, coordinating with the design department to ensure required specs are met.
• At least 3 years of experience copy writing, preferably marketing/advertising experience;
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat Pro);
• Strong experience with CRMs and email marketing platforms;
• Demonstrated experience with strategic campaign development and deployment;
• Demonstrated experience with logistics, project management and event planning;
• Self-managed with proven skills to use initiative and time management to prioritize work and deliver results;
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment that requires juggling multiple activities and priorities with tight deadlines;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Mission driven and an overarching commitment to social justice and education issues;
• Collaborative attitude and sense of teamwork.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Marketing/Communications/Public Relations/Advertising);
For more information, click here.
Communications Associate I - SPLC
The Southern Poverty Law Center, a leading civil rights organization based in Montgomery, Alabama, seeks a Communications Associate. The SPLC Communications Associate will report to the Communications Director and work with the communications team to obtain media coverage of the SPLC and its programs. The ideal candidate should have a passion for and knowledge of SPLC work areas including LGBT rights, Economic Justice, Criminal Justice, Children’s Rights, Immigrant Justice, and Fighting Hate.
- Under general supervision, work with programmatic staff to develop and implement comprehensivecommunications strategies to maximize the SPLC’s public exposure and gain public and political support forits mission and
- Obtain media coverage of the SPLC and its program This includes strategic pitching of stories and op-eds;planning and organizing press conferences and other events; distributing press releases and other materials;fielding media requests on a daily basis; booking SPLC experts on radio and TV talk shows; and takingadvantage of opportunities in the news cycle.
- Write and edit press releases and advisories, talking points, op-eds, letters to the editor, fact sheets, andother
- Build and cultivate relationships with key reporters, editorial writers, columnists, producers, and newsand talk show
- Assist with message development for SPLC’s issues and
- Manage and expand database of media
- Monitor, analyze and report results and outcomes of department’s efforts.
Education and Related Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 -3 years professional work experience;
- Experience developing media strategies to garner favorable press coverage;
- Exceptional communications skills, including clear, concise writing and ability to frame complex issues for the media and the public.
- Spanish language skills a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interest in and passion for social and racial justice;
- Team player with entrepreneurial spirit and ability to collaborate effectively with staff members at all levels in fast-paced environment;
- Must take direction well but be self-motivated with ability to work independently;
- Ability to work under deadline pressure;
- Must be highly organized and possess the ability to prioritize work; and
- Must be familiar with advocacy and/or political efforts
- Have a desire to learn, and be positive, energetic, and respectful of others.
For more information, click here.