This is the AAF Montgomery Job Board. For information on listing your job here, please contact Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that Listings are $5, but are free for Members. Listing only valid for 90 days.
SPLC - Designer
The designer is responsible for creating and executing design concepts as well as maintaining visual appearance, usability and brand continuity. Areas of work may include: branding, communications, graphic design for print media and web, industrial, environmental and interior design, interactive media, motion graphics, video editing and production, and prototyping.
• Creates magazine, special publication, direct mail and advocacy layouts (Print and Digital);
• Creates final production press files for all organization printed publications;
• Hires and art directs freelance illustrators and photographers;
• Creates graphics for the web;
• Maintains workflow of creative projects;
• Creates keynote presentations;
• Assists with visuals for special events;
• Shoots, edits and produces short videos; DVD authoring including building menus;
• Prototypes website projects prior to web development.
Education and Experience:
• BFA degree preferred;
• 3 years of design experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience working within an Agency/Design Shop environment;
• Strong typographic and photographic skills;
• Highly proficient in the most current version of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator);
• Knowledgeable about print production, press checks, and photo shoots;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Must have continual attention-to-detail to all projects while establishing priorities and meeting deadlines;
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands;
• The ability to work independently and/or with a team and prioritize several projects at once;
• Positive, easy-going, yet hard-working attitude;
• A passion for our mission.
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, gender identity, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or prior record of arrest or conviction.
For more information, click here.
Black Diamond - Graphic Designer
We’re looking for a creative, organized, outgoing and dedicated Graphic Designer to join our team. Black Diamond serves over 200 schools and businesses in building and maintaining their websites and apps. If you are looking for career in a fun, fast-paced environment and have a passion for web design and new media, this is the job for you. We have an immediate opening.
- Essential function includes designing from scratch website designs based on client’s requirements.
- Interview clients and help them determine how they want their website to look.
- Experience in print and identity design is desirable.
- Some light copywriting and proofreading.
- Position is an 8-5, M-F position.
- Proficient with Industry Standard Software: Really must know how to use the latest Adobe CC Photoshop and Illustrator. Working knowledge of Adobe CC InDesign and Acrobat are a plus, as well as iMovie, Microsoft Office, and GSuites.
- A People Person: You find it easy to make connections with others, as you will be working with our team as well as our clients to create designs.
- An Active Listener: We don’t want our clients to have to repeat themselves. And active listening may lead to new creative ideas.
- Familiar with HTML, CSS, and Responsive Design: The web world is going responsive, so you have to design with that in mind.
- Creative, Organized, and Analytical: Both right and left brain!
- Flexible: You will need to be able to prioritize and be flexible in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Basically Knowledgeable of Sports: We deal with a lot of athletic sites, so you need to know how many innings are in baseball and how many players on a football field.
These qualities won’t hurt either:
- Knowledge of internet and social media related tools and platforms.
- Active learner, always wanting to better yourself and the company.
- Open communicator, speaking respectfully and mindfully.
Submit your résumé online via the Upload Résumé page above. If you have an online portfolio, please supply its link in your résumé. If not online, please attach to your résumé some high-quality images of your top ten favorite projects. Provide a written rationale for each work.
For more information, click here.