The American Advertising Federation is one of the oldest institutions to offer a service to Creatives & Managers across the US, and exists to promote the advertising industry.
The American Advertising Federation (AAF), the nation’s oldest national advertising trade association, and the only association representing all facets of the advertising industry, is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and acts as the “Unifying Voice for Advertising.” The AAF also has 15 district operations, each located in and representing a different region of the nation. The AAF’s membership is comprised of nearly 100 blue chip corporate members comprising the nation’s leading advertisers, advertising agencies, and media companies; a national network of nearly 200 local federations, representing 40,000 advertising professionals, located in ad communities across the country; and more than 200 AAF college chapters, with over 6,500 student members. The AAF operates a host of programs and initiatives including the Advertising Hall of Fame, the American Advertising Awards, the National Student Advertising Competition, the Mosaic Center on Multiculturalism, and summer Ad Camps for high school students in Chicago, New York City and Washington, D.C.
The American Advertising Federation protects and promotes the well-being of advertising. We accomplish this through a unique, nationally coordinated grassroots network of advertisers, agencies, media companies, local advertising clubs and college chapters.
Here’s what the AAF does:
- Brings members together to yield creative business solutions.
- Protects and promotes advertising at all levels of government through grassroots activities.
- Educates members on the latest trends in technology, creativity and marketing.
- Provides programs to assist local association volunteer leadership.
- Presents the industry with its future leaders.
- Honors advertising excellence.
- Promotes diversity in advertising by encouraging the recruitment of people of diverse cultures.
- Applies the communication skills of its members to help solve community concerns.