[ American Advertising Federation District 7 ]
The James Belton Diversity Scholarship was established in 2018 and is named after past AAF Montgomery President and AAF District 7’s first African-American governor James Belton.
The $500 scholarship is specifically for minority high school seniors interested in further study of an advertising-related field. AAF Montgomery will award this scholarship annually to deserving students.
• Must be a U.S. citizen of African, Hispanic, Native American, Asian, Middle Eastern, or Pacific Island descent
• Majoring in Advertising, Marketing, Graphic Design, Public Relations, Communications, or other related fields
• Be a current senior in Montgomery County or surrounding areas
• Current GPA of 3.0 or higher
• A letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor
• An official transcript
• Submit a typed 150-word essay on the topic “Why does a career in advertising interest me?”
The deadline to apply is May 17, 2024.