[ American Advertising Federation District 7 ]
The American Advertising Federation (AAF) is the only organization that includes members across all disciplines and career levels in advertising.
Whether you’re new to the fast-paced world of advertising or a seasoned professional, the AAF is for you. We’re here to help you advance your career, build your connections and celebrate this ever-changing, amazing industry we work in.
The AAF, the nation’s oldest national advertising trade association, and the only association representing all facets of the advertising industry, is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and acts as the “Unifying Voice for Advertising.” The AAF also has 15 district operations, each located in and representing a different region of the nation.
The AAF’s membership is comprised of nearly 100 corporate members comprising the nation’s leading advertisers, advertising agencies, and media companies; a national network of local professional and student chapters located in ad communities across the country. The AAF operates a host of programs and initiatives including the Advertising Hall of Fame, the American Advertising Awards, the National Student Advertising Competition, the Mosaic Center on Multiculturalism, and summer Ad Camps for high school students.
The American Advertising Federation protects and promotes the well-being of advertising. We accomplish this through a unique, nationally coordinated grassroots network of advertisers, agencies, media companies, local advertising clubs, and college chapters.
- Advertising Education: Scholarships, career development, professor support, and awards.
- Diversity & Multicultural Initiatives: Scholarships and education and awareness initiatives support multicultural diversity and inclusion.
- Government Relations: Legislative advocacy, awareness, and education on several advertising hot topics.
- Professional Development: Enriching educational programs.
- Public Service: Community service projects and drives.
- Awards: Professional, student, and AAF member-focused awards.
Here’s what the AAF does:
- Brings members together to yield creative business solutions.
- Protects and promotes advertising at all levels of government through grassroots activities.
- Educates members on the latest trends in technology, creativity, and marketing.
- Provides programs to assist local association volunteer leadership.
- Presents the industry with its future leaders.
- Honors advertising excellence.
- Promotes diversity in advertising by encouraging the recruitment of people of diverse cultures.
- Applies the communication skills of its members to help solve community concerns.